We are usually really good at predicting when a book will be back in stock or a special order will arrive, but the best laid plans….
Last week, I was the disappointed customer! I had ordered a Lonely Planet Guide to Thailand for my daughter’s 25th birthday present. (Yes, the “bookstore baby” is 25 and yes, she is planning a trip to Thailand!) Rachel was visiting for the weekend and the book was supposed to arrive on Friday. I would wrap it up and she could bring it home with her on Sunday.
But, alas, two cartons from one of the warehouses were not delivered. So I - and a few dozen others - had to wait for our books.
We have become so used to instant gratification. Where did my long-range planning go? When did taking a day - a whole 24 hours - to respond to a message become something to apologize for? Note to self: slow down and be patient!
The good news is that Rachel’s trip isn’t until the fall so there’s plenty of time to mail her book. I have decided to view this as an opportunity to include a chocolate treat in the package when I send it... - Liza
- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- What to Read Next...
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - pre-order and signed copies
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes