- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- What to Read Next...
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
Emma Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice (Kobo eBook)
Emma puts her big sister skills—and her bravery—to the test when her brother has to stay in the hospital.
Emma’s younger brother Jake has been getting sore throats for quite a while. When her parents take him to the doctor, their suspicions are confirmed: Jake needs to get his tonsils out. The Cupcake Club rallies around Jake, and even bakes him a special batch of cupcakes to make him feel better. Emma feels bad for him, but wants to stay as far away from hospitals as possible—she’s a bit squeamish and gets woozy at the sight of blood. But Jake throws a fit the day of his operation and says he only wants “Emmy” to stay with him. Emma’s mom tells her she doesn’t have to stay, but Emma realizes Jake isn’t faking; he’s really scared. Can Emma get over her own fears in order to help her little brother?