- My Account
- Hours | Contact | Directions
- Bookstore Programs
- The Bookstore Story
- A Bookseller's Blotter
- Bookstore Employment
- Bookstore Scrapbook
- More than books
- The Book Jam Blog
- The Bookstore IS For Sale...
- What to Read Next...
- Graduation Gift Books
- Race Relations...
- Beth's Picks
- Brenna's Picks
- Carin's Picks
- Jennifer's Picks
- Kathryn's Picks
- Lisa C's Picks
- Liza B's Picks
- Penny's Picks
- Sara's Picks
- Susan's Picks
- Pencil Games: Crosswords, Sudoku, Brain Teasers & more!
- 2020-21 Vermont Middle-Grade Children’s Book Award Nominees
- Father's Day
- Mother's Day 2020 Suggestions
- Signed Books
- Signed Books
- Signed book FAQ
- Sarah Stewart Taylor | The Mountains Wild - pre-order & signed copies
- KJ Dell'Antonia | The Chicken Sisters - pre-order & signed copies
- Gretchen Cherington | Poetic License: A Memoir - pre-order signed copies!
- Teresa Lust | A Blissful Feast - signed copies
- Emma Wunsch | Recess Rebels - Miranda & Maude #3 - signed copies!
- Amber Lynn Natusch | Don't Say a Word - signed copies!
- Author Notes
You are here
How Do I Explain This to My Kids? (Kobo eBook)
Hot topic: Parents of all denominations and persuasions have been grappling with how to explain the state of affairs to their children and will continue to do so for the next four years.
Author track record: Dr. Ava Siegler is a preeminent child psychologist and her book What Shall We Tell the Children? has been the bible for many years for discussing difficult topics with kids.
First-rate, diverse contributors: Many well-known and prize-winning authors, covering a range of different kinds of families feeling threatened in the current environment: Muslim, Jewish, Latino, Asian, disabled, and LGBTQ.
Covers broad range of ages: Pieces address parenting small children, grade schoolers, adolescents, and young adults. Ava Siegler’s chapters offer age appropriate advice for each group.
Unique format: Beautiful writing by artists and writers serve as spring boards for alternating chapters by Dr. Siegler in which she comments on issues raised by the literary pieces.
Timing: Will publish in May, before the onslaught of fall books.
Part of our “Fearless Book for Perilous Times” special catalog: We expect special attention for our post-election catalog, which will be featured in news stories in conjunction with The New Press’s 25th anniversary this year.