Current Employment Opportunities
The Norwich Bookstore is seeking a part-time bookseller!
Are you an avid reader? Do you like talking to people about books? Do you value our local community and want to help strengthen it?
We're looking for someone to join our dynamic bookselling crew! A love of books is required, and previous experience in retail is a plus. A natural sense of curiosity doesn't hurt, either. This is an in-person retail position, and tasks will include welcoming and working with people of all ages and backgrounds (from regulars to first-time visitors), discussing and recommending a diverse range of books, operating a cash register and point-of-sale system, and shelving and displaying books. An independent bookstore is a busy, unique work environment, where there is always something new to learn. This is a part-time position that may require evening and weekend hours.
- Evening & weekend availability
- Availability to work during the winter holiday season (November-January)
- Ability to lift 30lbs repeatedly and be on your feet throughout the day
- Basic computer proficiency
- An enthusiasm for working with a wide range of people
- A love of books and reading
If interested, please pick up an application in person at the Norwich Bookstore (291 Main Street, Norwich, VT), or download one here. Email Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and/or completed applications.