We are excited to be able to add new dates and times to celebrate the publication of Spirit of Place: The Making of a New England Garden with Bill Noble in his gorgeous gardens in Norwich!
Advance tickets are required: One $45 ticket includes a pre-signed copy of Spirit of Place and access to the grounds for one person. Bill will be on hand to greet and orient visitors.
To purchase a ticket, please click on the blue link below. (Ordering the book alone does not grant access to the garden.)
You may put multiple tickets in your shopping cart!
Ticket for Thursday, August 27, 2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm -- SOLD OUT! Signed books are available to order...
For 25 years Bill Noble has worked as a garden design and professional in garden preservation. As Director of Preservation for the Garden Conservancy, he was instrumental in the preservation and restoration of dozens of gardens throughout the United States. The insights gained from the gardens and gardeners he has worked with are reflected in his own garden in Norwich, Vermont, which is included in the Smithsonian Institution's Archive of American Gardens and has been featured in Martha Stewart Living, House & Garden, the New York Times, and Outstanding American Gardens.
“With close to 300 enticingly beautiful photographs, all taken by Bill in his Norwich garden, the book addresses both the pleasures as well as the challenges of creating and sustaining a garden in New England. It offers ideas and suggestions to anyone who already has a garden as well as to those beginning to think of how to start their own. The photos are reason enough to buy or give this book, but the text is so personally written that the reader feels as if she is on a personal garden walk with the very experienced author.
“As a bookseller, I received an early copy of Spirit of Place and it has become my bedtime reading during these difficult times. I read about plants and get ideas for my garden and go to sleep thinking of hope and beauty. Makes for great dreams.” - Penny McConnel, Norwich Bookstore
- Books will be pre-signed for you to pick up at the event.
- Additional books will also be available for purchase. (Check or credit card only.) If you wish to have a book personalized, we are happy to make arrangements with Bill for a later pick up at the bookstore.
- In order to accommodate visitors safely, he will not be signing books at the event.
The Fine Print
- Tickets are non-refundable unless we need to cancel or postpone the gathering.
- A cancellation due to weather conditions will be made by 10 am the day of the event and posted on our website. We will also reach out to ticket holders by email.
- If you need to cancel, please let us know when you would like to pick up your book at the store.
“Delve into this beautiful book. You’ll come away sharing his passion for the beauty that gardens bring into our lives.” —Sigourney Weaver, environmentalist, actor, trustee of New York Botanical Garden
How does an individual garden relate to the larger landscape? How does it connect to the natural and cultural environment?