Setting up a Libro.fm account is a two step process, but once set up, it’s easy to use.
1. To get started, CLICK HERE. This will bring up the Libro.fm website and you should see our Norwich Bookstore logo in the upper left corner.
2. If you are new to audiobooks, start at 2a. If you currently have a subscription with Audible, and you want to switch to Libro.fm, go to 2b.
a. In the upper right corner, you’ll see a pinkish “Create an Account” graphic. Click on that. Then proceed with 2c.
b. Scroll to the very bottom of the page and on the right side, under the “Featured” heading, you’ll see “Switch to Libro.fm.” Click on that - they have a special deal for people switching! Then proceed with 2c.
c. It will ask for your email address and then it will have you create a password and enter a credit card number for purchases. Write your password down! You’ll need it later. (And if you have more than one email address, write down which one you used.)
3. At this point, you’ll need to make a decision: You can either simply purchase an audiobook, or you can subscribe to their monthly service.
If you’re trying out audiobooks for the first time, you may decide that you just want to buy the one audiobook. However, if you think you’ll likely buy more than one, you may want to consider the subscription. When you start browsing, you’ll see that audiobook prices, while they vary, tend to be at least the price of the book in hardcover, sometimes more.
With the subscription, you get the first month free and then it’s a flat $14.99 a month. You get one credit every month that you can use to purchase the audiobook of your choice. These credits never expire - it’s not a “use it or lose it” situation. If you don’t pick out and purchase audiobooks for 3 months, 3 credits will be waiting for you next time you log in. If you want more than one audiobook a month, each additional book will be 30% off - including books you purchase as gifts for others.
To be clear, you are purchasing the audiobook - meaning that if you cancel your subscription, you’ll still own any audiobooks you’ve purchased (not necessarily the case with competitors.)
After you’ve created an account and purchased your first audiobook…..
4. Using your smartphone or tablet, go to the App Store and search Libro.fm. (If you’re not sure how to search, look for the little graphic of the magnifying glass - usually in the upper left corner - that is the search feature.)
5. Download the Libro.fm App onto your phone or tablet. It is free. (If it’s not free, it’s the wrong app.)
6. Enter your email address and password. The book you just purchased should show up there.
7. You WILL need to download it before you can listen; be sure to do that when you’re someplace with wifi!
If you get stuck and need a little help - don’t make yourself crazy - just call the bookstore (802) 649-1114 and ask for Brenna. She is a wiz at talking you through it. Or email events@norwichbookstore. We can always find a time for you to come in and get set up!
A few tips:
If you bookmark Libro.fm on your computer (after you’ve created an account - just bookmark the log-in page) or in your web browser, you can fine it easliy the next time you want to buy a book.
When you have a moment, go back to the Libro.fm website and check it out. Under “Find an Audiobook”– at the very bottom of the webpage – you’ll find links to all sorts of great recommendations from sale books to NY Times Best Sellers to Indie picks to PBS’s Great American Reads...and the list goes on.
Audiobooks take up a lot of space on a phone or a tablet so don’t download them until you’re going to listen. Anything you’ve bought, you own, so if you don’t have to download it right away, and you can always download it again if you need it.